Thursday, July 8, 2010

Workout Friday 09 July 2010

Here 's a good video that gives some insight into how I scale my programming. The numbers I post are not carved in stone. You should do the best you can and at some point you are going to be in between two levels. If you are confident that you are almost ready to move up to the next level then use your better judgment. People quite frequently add 10 - 15 pounds to beginner or intermediate to help themselves get up to the next level Rx. The idea is to build up your confidence by continually pushing just a little bit harder each week


Strength
Hang power clean 5/5/5

WOD
3 rounds for time of:
Run 400m
7 deck power cleans at 95% today's max lift
15 pull ups

Deck power cleans are from the floor. Pull ups are chest to bar, Regular kipping, or jumping chest to bar. Post times, loads and pull up scaling to comments

All levels finish with one  minute L-hang

4 comments:

  1. D*oh -
    I would have loved to do this one. Off to the country side for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Crap. BEST WOD EVER! The most I've sweat to date. Face was redder than a lobster.

    HPC 45/50/55
    Time: 20:12 with 50 then 45 and 45 for the DPC and jumping chest to bar pull-ups.

    Phew!
    (edited for type-os :P)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang Power Clean 155/175/185

    WOD: 12:12 with 175 pounds.

    This one was definitely one of my favorites. I also don't think I have ever sweated this much in a WOD.

    ReplyDelete