Monday, July 12, 2010

Workout 13 July 2010

When performing the split jerk, one does not use their arms to push up. The upward trajectory of the bar comes solely from the explosiveness at the hips and the arms are used to push the body down under the bar. Feet are under the hips to start the movement and hands grip the bar in line with the outside of the shoulders


Strength
Split Jerk 1/1/1/1/1

Wod
3 Rounds for time of:
Jerk, 5 reps at 80% one rep max
21 toes to bar
run 400m

Intermediate and beginner may scale with knees to elbows or hanging knee raise as needed. Post loads, scaling and times to comments.

Finish workout with one minute front lever

2 comments:

  1. Split Jerk 185/195/205/215/220*fail
    I failed on 220 but it was definitely a mental fail more than a physical fail. Given bumper plates I know I can get it

    WOD 9:13
    Some grip issues on the toes to bar here but I'm happy with my performance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Split Jerk 20/30/40/45/50

    WOD 19:02
    Me too with the grip issues! My hands were so sweaty, I could've used chalk or gloves on this one.

    ReplyDelete