Monday, August 2, 2010

WOD Tuesday 03 Aug 2010

Coach B and Pat "The Manimal" Barber working on some O'lifts

Strength
clean and jerk 1/1/1/1/1

Conditioning
5 rounds for time without putting the bar down. Every time the bar touches the ground is 5 burpees at the end of the workout
5 hanging power cleans
5 front squats
5 push jerks
5 back squats

Advanced M135/F85
Intermediate M95/F65
Beginner M65/F45 the empty bar weighs 45 pounds

Post the load used and how long it took and how many burpees you had to do. Stop the clock before doing the burpees they do not count towards the total WOD time

Become comfortable using the hook grip when olympic lifting. It may feel wrong at first but it is the proper grip and you will be able to lift much more weight with out loosing grip strength

2 comments:

  1. I stayed modest with my cleans. I am relearning the form from the floor.
    75/85/95/105/115F I know if I did 110 I would have hit it. Live and learn I guess.

    as for the WOD -
    I did the advanced @ 85lbs - 12:26 including 10 burpees

    I should have done the in between @ 75lbs but I wanted to see where I stand. Not to bad, I stopped because I had to reset my form from back squat into hanging power clean position. I wasn't able to get it back up over the head and down so I used the trusty rack. I assumed that was a burpee charge.

    Re-reading the workout I now realize i shouldn't have counted the burpees in my time, ops , and it was 5 for each not one. I guess I have to do burpees in my warm up Thursday! Shit! I should have done 20!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow megz......

    I did not do the strength as my back is still recovering but I should be back in perfect form soon enough.

    Did the WOD with 135 pounds without too much trouble though took me 10:28 and 25 burpees!
    good thing I like burpees

    ReplyDelete