Wednesday, August 25, 2010

WOD Thursday 26 August 2010

Buddy Lee on the double under. If you do his method of three singles and then one double, while learning, you can count it as two reps until you can start to do double unders consecutively

Skill
Front lever one minute total work

 5/3/1week one
Deadlift set one, 5 reps at 65%
                    set two, 5 reps at 75%
                    set three, 5 reps (at least) at 85%


Conditioning 
3 rounds for time 
Advanced: 50 double unders
                  10 sumo deadlift high pull, M135/F95
                  30 pull ups

Intermediate: 40 double unders
                      10 sumo deadlift high pull, M95/F65
                      21 pull ups
Beginner: 25 double unders
                 10 sumo deadlift high pull, M65/F35
                 15 pull ups

If you can't do double unders you may sub with tuck jumps or do regular skips with a ratio of 4:1 (4 skips = 1 double under) but I seriously recommend learning the skill. It will only make you a more fit, more complete athlete  


Cool down with 10 bridge wall walks and a good stretch
   

3 comments:

  1. WOW, great video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I finally understand how to build up to the double under. I almost got there but just kept hitting my feet.

    My time was 9:58 with 30 fast singles instead of doubles, 30lb bar because we don't have 35 and jumping pull-ups.

    Great WOD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right on.

    I hit 255 for 7 on my deadlifts. A far cry from 315 but my back just said no so I listened

    WOD 9:33 holy brutal. I loved it

    ReplyDelete