Friday, August 13, 2010

WOD SAturday 14 August 2010

I'm glad to see that we all survived Friday the 13. Now let's see if we can survive a CrossFit hero WOD!

Army Sgt. Keith Adam Coe, 30, of Auburndale, Fla., assigned to the 1st Battalion, 37th Field Artillery Regiment, 3rd Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash., died April 27th, 2010, in Khalis, Iraq, of wounds sustained when enemy forces attacked his unit with an explosive device. He is survived by his wife Katrina Coe, two sons, Killian and Keith Jr., and daughter, Klover.

"Coe"
10 rounds for time of:
Advanced: 10 thruster, M95/F65
                  10 ring push ups

Intermediate: 10 thruster, M75/F45
                      10 push ups

Beginner: 10 thruster, M55/F30
                 10 push ups (from the knees if needed)

Give it all you've got. If you are somewhere in between levels and want to get to the next level then you should scale the weights appropriately.  If 95 is too much but 75 is too little then use 85. The goal is to get stronger and improve your overall fitness here so please, make things hard on yourself it's the only way to improve. I wish I could be there for each and every one of you during every single workout but it's not possible. Therefore I need you to take it upon yourself to scale things up whenever you can. Don't be timid, or afraid of failure. If we're doing things right then we fail at some point during every workout. The point is to not give up. Your body can only quit when your mind allows it.

2 comments:

  1. Deadlifts 3x5

    195/205/210/215/220PR

    I didn't do the 'Hero' today - as I didn't have enough arms to lug around a make-up kit as well as rings. I did a wedding make-up today for a good friend of mine. (I also had to bring clothes to change into that were pretty)

    I wanted to do yesterdays.(I didn't get to the gym as I had a date with the Ocean), so , I got through the deadlift then realized I didn't have time for the WOD. I had 5 mins to spare , so I practiced my double unders.... phewwww

    ReplyDelete