Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Wednesday 09 march 2011

Rest Day

Starting Thursday I'll be posting posting 5/3/1 as advanced strength training for those who no longer respond to linear training. I have quite a few people who are fairly new to our methodology of strength training and only those who have been doing linear training for years really need to follow 5/3/1.

Most of us will respond very well to 5/5/5 and 3/3/3 days with increasing loads. Therefore, I will be posting beginner/intermediate days. It's largely up to you which you wish to follow but I recommend giving the 5/5/5 and 3/3/3 days a try. Especially if you are new to the caveman2.0 site.

Also is won't involve breaking out the calculator every training session. If I post squat 5/5/5 you do three warm up sets and then do three sets of five increasing the weight each time attempting to hit a 5 or 10 pound pr from your last squat day of the same reps. Much more simple.

I will still continue with the 5/3/1 programming, even though those who are advanced enough in weight training to require that type of specialized training, should have a good enough idea of how it works to follow it on your own. That is how I will continue to train my own strength.

Finally I will be competing in the CrossFit Games sectionals starting March 19. It's six workouts, one a week for six weeks. I'll be doing it every Saturday at CrossFit Kinetics. Come on out to wish me luck , workouts start at 1:00

No comments:

Post a Comment