Sunday, May 30, 2010

Oh that's how he did it! :P




Workout Monday 31 May 2010

Squat 5/5/5

WOD 
Complete as many rounds in 9 minutes as possible of:

Advanced: 7 Box Jumps, M24"/F20"
                  7 KB/DB Swings, M70lbs/F45 pounds

Intermediate: 7 Box Jumps, M24"/F20"
                      7 Swings, M55lbs/F35lbs

Beginner: 7 Box Jumps, M16"/F12"
                 7 Swings, M40lbs/F25lbs


For the Beginners, this is meant to be a short heavy WOD so don't sell yourself short on the loading. If the prescribed Box jumps are still too high than put it to a height that you can make but can't just bounce up and down. I want it to be high enough that you have to load up before every jump.

All Levels,  standards are as follows.....
Box Jumps:  Entire foot lands on the box, including heels, with every rep or the rep doesn't count. Stand up at on top of the box fully opening the hips, then you can step back down if you so choose. It is also acceptable to jump back off of the box as long as you open your hips all the way before your feet break plane with the box on the way back down.

DB/KB Swings:  Arms are to be fully locked out overhead with the ears visible in front of the arms at the top of the swing.


Give it Hell!






                     

2 comments:

  1. Started with CF warm up - are you still recommending that?

    Squats - I assumed you meant weighted and did 20lbs 5/5/5

    WOD
    3 rounds @ 25lbs but noticed my form was getting off, so I wanted to move to 20lbs but there weren't any available, so I grabbed a 15 and did 4 more rounds.

    Ouch! Could barely walk after that one, but yoga stretched everything out for me. We'll see how I am tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle.
    When I post 5/5/5 or 3/3/3 I mean to start with a weight you know you can do and increase every set until you hopefully hit or set a new max weight for that number of reps. The CF warm up is a good warm up and I still generally do two or three rounds of it before starting the strength workout. Then I do some light rehearsals of what the MetCon is going to be just to "grease the groove"

    ReplyDelete