Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Workout Tuesday 08 April 2010

Skill
High Hang clean 3/3/3/3/3

This is skill work. Go no higher than you can handle with absolutely perfect form. The high Hang Clean is a hang squat clean but you don't allow the bar to dip as low as you would for a regular Hang Clean. You won't be able to do as much but it is great for building explosiveness in the final pull and for teaching to fully extend the hips during the final pull of the Clean. Watch the Video and emulate.

WOD
Advanced/Intermediate:
100 Pull ups
100 Sit ups
100 Push ups
100 Squats

Beginner:
50 Pull ups
50 Push ups
50 Sit Ups
50 Squats

For Beginner: Pulls ups can be jumping Pull ups or done on the gravitron. Push ups can be from the knees. Sit ups can be anchored at the feet. Squats better be deep. Don't underestimate yourself. You want to get better so make things hard for yourself not easy. I'm not there to push you so it's up to you to challenge your own limits here.

All levels Finish with one minute total Planche work

1 comment:

  1. I Hit 2 PR's on this one. First I pulled 335 on my deadlift 3 times.

    Then I mangaged to do all 30 snatches with 135 pounds! This is possibly my best accomplishment since I started crossfit!

    ReplyDelete