Friday, June 25, 2010

Workout Saturday 26 June 2010

This pic from Shoreline CrossFit Depicts a perfectly executed low bar back squat. I greatly prefer the low bar position, with the bar resting on the rear deltoids instead of the upper trapezius. It puts far less shear on the lower back so you can lift more weight with much less risk of injury. Make sure you pull your elbows back as far as possible in order to form a good platform with your rear deltoids for the bar to sit on.

CrossFit Total!
Back Squat 1/1/1
Press 1/1/1
Deadlift 1/1/1

Warm up for each lift however you like and once you feel you are ready you have three chances at setting your one rep max.

3 comments:

  1. Back squat 290
    Press 150
    Deadlift 350 Total 790

    A little bit of frustration here. My press has been stuck at 150 for a long time and I lost over 20 pounds off of my deadlift from Basic training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back squat 190
    Press 90
    Deadlift 245 Total 525

    My press is stuck @ 90. I was talking to Rici, he is stuck @ his presses too.

    You will get your deadlift back, I know it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back Squat 75
    Press 55
    Deadlift 85 Total 215

    I think press has got to be one of the hardest lifts...I almost failed that one but just made it up. Damn.

    ReplyDelete