Monday, January 24, 2011

WOD Tuesday 25 January 2011

We all love to work our strengths but how many of us actively work to improve upon the areas where we are lacking?

Got any weaknesses?
We all do. every one of us has weak links in our chain that holds us back but we never seem to want to take time to work on them.

You should make skill work a part of your warm up every day!

If you are weak at running than you run for five to ten minutes in your warm up. If you are weak at double unders, then you practice double unders every day in your warm up. Every day I put skill work into my warm up. I do 5 minutes of cardio drills like sprints rows or double unders, then I do skill work such as gymnastics Olympic lifts or power lifts. I don't go heavy or particularly intense at this time I use this time as an opportunity to work movement and re-enforce good habits. That way when these moves come up in the WOD I am more comfortable with them.

Step up people, we have to take responsibility for our own weaknesses and work on them every day.

5/3/1Bench
A detailed description of how to get into Wendler's 5/3/1 can be found here. Don't forget that if you are starting a new month add 5 pounds to your working one rep max bench and shoulder press and 10 pounds to your squat and deadlift


Conditioning
3 rounds for time of
Run 800m
Rest two minutes

1 comment: