Saturday, April 2, 2011

The winds of change, they are a blowin'

Yup, smells like the change winds are coming

In the wake of recent changes I made in the programming last week, I am going to make another. We have been following a 2 on 1 off, 3 on 1 off schedule. I am going to add a day to the programming and begin to follow a 3 on 1 off schedule. You are welcome to follow or stick to your old schedule it's completely up to you. I find this allows me to separate the strength days from the high volume days allowing for more variety in the programming. Of course now one must pay closer attention to recovery and training volume so as to not overtrain.

The solution, if you find the volume is getting to be a bit much I program a high volume WOD for that day, you can easily separate the movements of the days workout into individual skill stations and work on skills for the day. This will allow for better recovery while still emphasizing form and technique.

Let me know what you think


WOD Sunday 03 April 2011

Strength
back squat 3x5
add 5 pounds to last week

Conditioning
4 rounds for time
run 400m
50 squats

cool down with 15 reverse leg lifts or 50 back extensions, break them up as needed

No comments:

Post a Comment